DRM Coordination (was Re: XrML?)

--On 23/4/01 1:22 PM +0200 Rigo Wenning wrote:

> Renato suggested to use RDF, which is also with angle-brackets,
> but has more constraints than pure XML.

Not exactly...for ODRL [1] we use just plain XML (via a DTD)
and the next version will heavily use XML Schemas [2].

> But I agree, that it is funny to see the multiplication of
> efforts, while in the workshop there were already voices
> complaining about too many different initiatives, which are hard
> to coordinate.

I think this was one of the reasons for the W3C DRM Workshop
in the first place. There seems to be a number of initiatives
started recently. I don't think that it is too late for
coordination across these groups. In fact, the ones that I am
involved with are all-to-happy to see coordination.
DRM is a big problem to solve - we actually need a number
of groups solving all the "pieces" of the framework...

Cheers...Renato                       <http://purl.net/net/renato>
Chief Scientist, IPR Systems Pty Ltd       <http://iprsystems.com>

[1] http://odrl.net/ODRL-08.pdf
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/