Re: nasty namespace issue (was RE: Is minimalism a goal?)

Dave Pawson wrote:

> Since most things are a response to this header :-)
>
> A topic on xsl list today noted the
> functional environment availability.
>
> Any thoughts how far this should go
> in a tight (not minimalist) spec,
> guessing the ultimate would be for
> full xpath list of functions available?
>
> My vote would be for all xpath functions.

DOM's hasfeature() could be used for this, but unless anyone has a
strong case for not implementing the full set of functions (and they
don't look too scary to me) I think the any compliant DOM XPath
implementation should just implement the lot, and leave hasfeature() for
querying whatever is tricky enough to be left optional. Liek XPath
itself!

Francis.