Re: HTML Processor error

On Jan 17, 2007, at 5:17 AM, LJ Opera wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> I had  downloaded the DOM level 1 & 2 test cases and build the test
> environment as per instructions given at http://www.w3.org/DOM/Test/
> Documents/DOMTSBuild.html
>
> While running using JsUnit, I encounter the following error
>
> "test using staff or nodtstaff are not supported by HTML processors"
>
> Could someone please help ?
>

> Regards
> LJB

The original NIST DOM tests were written for XML and used sample
documents that contained elements like <staff> and <employee>.  HTML
processors, browsers and the like, will not parse those documents.
To use the same logical tests with HTML processors, HTML-compatible
variants of those tests were written and were named by prefixing the
test name with "hc_".  The "hc_" tests should run with HTML, XML,
XHTML and SVG processors.  The other tests will just run with XML,
XHTML and SVG processors.  If you specify HTML as the content type on
"alltests.html", then only HTML-compatible tests will be attempted.