PRE.width (Re: Minutes from telcon 20020920)

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 11:58, David Faure wrote:
> Does this mean you are going to change the test to match IE's broken
> behaviour?
> Both Mozilla and Konqueror return it as a number, as the spec says.
> Shouldn't this be flagged as an IE bug instead?
> [I don't understand the comment about NS3...]

Actually, the IE documentation do says the width property is new in IE
and that the functionality specified by the HTML 4.0 standard is not
implemented. So I tend to agree with David that we should not change the
property back.

> For the rest I'm happy to see that IE has more failures on the test
> than the current Konqueror (down to 31 failures right now, and still
> working on it) :-)

Do you have a detail report for Konqueror?

btw David, I'd like to have your input on:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2002JulSep/0177.html

Thanks,
Philippe