Re: various build failures for the dom-ts

On Thu, 16 May 2002 10:16:56 -0700
Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey@sun.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also get the exactly similar error! My config is:
>
> jdk1.3.1
> ant 1.4.1
> xalan-j 2.3.1_01
> xerces-2_0_1
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> -vivek.
>
> Min Sheng Lu wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been having a look at the dom test suite, and after checking out
> > 2001/ from dev.w3.org I found that I couldn't build anything in the
> > DOM-Test-Suite apart from the dom*-schema option.
> >
> > My setup and some of the error messages for the various build optons I have
> > tried are as follows:
> >
> > jdk1.3.1_02
> > ant 1.4
> > xalan-j 2.3.1
> > redhat 7.1
> >
> > Although the *core-gen-* options complained that it cannot load requested
> > documents, the corresponding xml files are all present in
> > tests/level*/core/tests.

I think this is a problem with Ant's XSLT Task. Someone is not closing
file descriptors explicitly and resources pressure pushes the problem to
the point where more files cannot be opened. Someone needs to get on that
mailing list and look at that source but I'm just not up to it right now.

Mike

--
May The Source be with you.