Re: Action items status

Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:

> All,
>
> I'd like to do a survey on how things stand in order to estimate how
> much more work we need before being able to release the next version
> of the DOM TS. Most activity of late has been in connection with HTML
> tests, and not so much the DOM TS framework.
>
> 1. HTML. What is the count of tests for L1/2? Have they been checked
> for correctness?

I've gotten HTML L1 down to what I think are true implementation bugs.
 Rick was supposed (and probably has) mirrored the changes into the HTML L2.

> 2. Framework. I've informed the DOM WG that we've started working on a
> new framework and invited the member companies to provide feedback on
> the new framework. Are there particular issues Bob and Edward would
> like help with? When do you expect to be able to run the new framework
> with the old tests?

There is currently a fork in the JSUnit work.  About a month ago, I
updated test-to-ecmascript.xsl, the support files and provided a hacked
version of the initial JSUnit 1.3 alpha that would run the tests. While
I was in the death throes of getting that ready, Bob issued a revised
JSUnit 1.3.  I had asked Bob to review the generated tests and my hacked
JSUnit and suggest a path forward, but didn't get any feedback.  I like
the way the tests are currently rendered and in general, like the
modifications that I made to JSUnit.  However, I did the JSUnit mods
quick and dirty and may have broken something, so I'd suggest
incrementally working in the changes and making sure that existing non
TS tests still run.