Re: jsUnit and the DOM TS

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 16:07, Robert Clary wrote:
>
>>I would like to start a thread here in the DOM TS mailing list where we
>>can discuss the application of the upcoming jsUnit 1.3.0 to the DOM TS.
>>
>>Some topics include:
>>
>>How to incorporate the new version into the DOM TS and if any patches to
>>jsUnit will be required to do so.
>>
>>The explicit exposure of test function names in order to increase the
>>number of supported browsers.
>

> I tried with Mozilla RC1 Linux and get an error on
> build/level1/core/ecmascript/tests/nodeparentnode.html:testnodeparentnode
>
> "TypeError: this.containerTestFrame.tearDown is not a function"
>
> Am I the only one in this situation?

Did you use jsUnit 1.3.0 alpha? It is dramatically different from the
jsUnit 1.2.6 that is currently used in the DOM TS and I do not think can
be used to run existing DOM TS test pages without modification.

As soon as we can settle the issues of cross browser support especially
with respect to loading external data documents asynchronously, we can
begin to consider how to either modify what I have done in jsUnit 1.3.0
alpha to be more backwardly compatible with existing tests or how to
modify the existing tests to take advantage of the new features in
jsUnit. I don't think we are quite ready for that however.

Bob