Re: GRDDL Going to Last Call: Relevant to DIWG

(trying to cc w3c-di-wg@w3.org).

I do not believe a formal review is needed as there is no dependency we
believe between DIWG and GRDDL. However, we do believe that GRDDL might
be of use to DIWG and we do believe that GRDDL as it stands fulfills our
charter, which mentions DIWG [1].

"The Device Independence Working Group
<http://www.w3.org/2001/di/Group/> has a Semantic Enrichment for Device
Independence work item
<http://www.w3.org/2004/05/di-charter-2004-06.html#author-semantic-enrichment>
etc; the two groups should investigate whether implementations of GRDDL
on mobile devices may contribute to these work item"

I think GRDDL is actually both more lightweight, requiring minimal or,
and if the namespace document contains the transfomraiton, no change
XHTML documents in order to retrieve semantics in the form of RDF from them.

However, HTML layout information is lost in translation to RDF ofcourse.
However, Ben Adida is working on a hGRDDL transform that transforms
microformats -> RDFa+XHTML that keeps the HTML in place [2]. Hopefully
there will be more progress on that front!

       thanks,
             harry

[1]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/grddl-charter.html
[2]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/hGRDDL_Example