RE: Web page layouts in different cultures - question from DIWG

This may be straying slightly from Rotan's question about underlining of
links, but note that CSS3 Text currently proposes support for wakiten-type
emphasis (dots over ideographic characters to provide emphasis).

Note also that I'm not so sure about "Generally one would not underline CJK
text".  When I worked on user interfaces with Fuji Xerox they did often
underline text rather than bold or italicise it. Underlining ideographic
text increases line height, since it runs below the characters, rather than
through descenders.

RI

Richard Ishida
W3C