Re: Spanish Translation of DIWG Glossary

Rhys Lewis wrote:
> Hello Ivan, thanks for your mail.
>
> The DI Glossary is an odd working draft. It is not a usual rec-track document. We need to
> evolve it as we write our other rec-track documents, but it is not in a state of flux. Indeed
 > its last revision was stable for over a year.
>
> We decided to keep it as a working draft so that we could update it in line with new rec-track
 > documents appearing. We need our public working drafts to be able to refer to a public
glossary.
> As we write new documents we may need to add new definitions to the glossary. We have a well defined
> process for making sure that any updated definitions remain, so that older documents are still valid,
> and that revisions are linked within the glossary so that people can see how definitions have changed.
>
> By the way, if you can suggest a better W3C document type more appropriate for a glossary, we'd be
> happy to consider using it.

I am not sure either... W3C Working Group Note maybe?

> So my main point is that this is not a regular working draft. It is not changing rapidly, and new r
> evisions only appear in order to support publication of new rec-track documents. Personally, I'd be
> comfortable to see it linked from the translations page.

Great. The question then is (to you and Marta): should I link it as a regular document
like all the others, or put it on the front page as one of the Spanish glossaries?

Ivan

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices