RE: How to Extend the UAProf Schema/Vocabulary

Hi all,

could I just add a few comments to Luigia's request.

This activity is being performed in the context of the INSTINCT project (http://www.ist-instinct.org). INSTINCT is a research project dealing with the integration of telco and broadcast infrastructures. To this end we are studying the issue of specifying special terminal profiles, based on CC/PP and in particular based on UAProf, to address the peculiar features of the INSTINCT terminals.

The question from Luigia is about which is the correct syntax and approach to use in order to extend an existing terminal profile specification (i.e., UAProf). Of course the right specification should then follow some formal standardization process, but this is not currently our goal.

I would really appreciate if someone could give us some hints on how to proceed.

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance,

Michele Re

Michele Re

NETikos S.p.A.

Loc. La Figuretta - Via Statale del Brennero Km. 4

56123 PISA - ITALY

Tel.: +39 050 8009 517

Fax.: +39 050 8009 626

E-mail: michele.re@netikos.com