Re: Multi-channel content

Greetings,

I think there is something to be said about [what I call] ubiquitous
publishing. I agree that authors should be particularly aware of developing
content for the widest audience possible.. but, like Rotan Hanrahan replied,
I disagree that CC/PP or multichannel strategies are fruitless.

Without going into too much detail (as the philosophical and technological
reasoning can be quite lengthy), I think what is needed is an "on-ramp"
strategy where an ubiquitous version is first made available to the general
public, and then as the given project(s) mature, the multichannel strategy
is implemented, with the provision that the later be a supplement (and not
requirement) to the ubiquitous product.

I have been working on an ubiquitous structure that I'd be willing to
demonstrate, if anyone is interested, on how this might be implemented.

In fact, I've been meaning to contribute to the list for some time now. I've
read the Principles, Challenges, and Techniques papers found at W3C.. I have
a few concerns about what I've read, mainly that there is no mention of this
"failsafe" format we're discussing.

Kai, if you're interested in exchanging our mutual findings, I'd love to
continue this... You've touched almost exactly on what I've found is a very
complex and far-reaching topic and I'd appreciate your feedback and insight.

Cheers, and glad to see this issue finally surface!

Julian Herten-Greaven