Re: Reply protocols

Matthew Wilson wrote:
> I tend to treat the W3C Server and Amaya as a reference
> implementation.

True, they are reference implementations, however even reference
implementations can have quirks. But you are right, it is important
that our software can interoperate with Amaya and the W3C annotea
server. I know that there is at least one other server implementation.
Perhaps we should take a look at that one too? We also could contact
the developers/admins of the W3C annotea server. We also have to get
the Amaya developers to fix those crashes.

> > In Annozilla, the exact behaviour should be configurable on a per
> > server basis in order to work with the w3c's annotea server.
>
> That sounds like too much of an effort to put on the user, to expect
> them to know the exact behaviour of the server they're using.

You are right about that. Perhaps we can sort out these problems
somehow. (But never mind, I will adapt my own server code so that it
works with Annozilla anyway.)

I will be able help (as far as I can) in two weeks. Right now I don't
have enough time.

By the way, is there someone else reading this Mailinglist? I would
really like to hear more opinions.