From: Eric Prud'hommeaux [mailto:eric@w3.org]
Sent: 14 February 2006 17:27
To: Leddy, Aine
Cc: www-annotation@w3.org; matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Problems making Rdf makefile when setting up the annotea
server in windows.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:00:57AM -0000, Leddy, Aine wrote:

> I am getting the following error when trying to make the makefile in
> the RDF module.
>
> makefile(953) : fatal error U1033: syntax error : '=' unexpected Stop.

What make program were you using?

> This corresponds to the following line in the make file
>
>  YAPPS := $(patsubst %.pm,%.yp,$(PARSERS))

I would not be surprised if nmake does not support this. Though maybe
you were running cygwin?

> This particular version of the RDF module is the most recent CVS
> version from http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/perl/modules/W3C/Rdf/
>
> I originally tried the RDF module that came with annotea-2.tar.gz,
> there I got the same error. I also tried individual
> W3C-Rdf-kit-1.tar.gz downloaded from the cspan section of
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/26-modules/Distribution.html
>
> The section of code in the makefile above the line throwing the error
> seems to be different in each version of the makefile.
>

> In the cvs version its
>

> PARSERS = AlgaeParser.pm \
> 	  N3Parser.pm \
> 	  RdalParser.pm \
> 	  RdqlParser.pm \
> 	  SeRQLParser.pm \
> 	  SparqlParser.pm
>
> In the individual RDF module its
>
> PARSERS = AlgaeParser.pm \
> 	  RdalParser.pm \
> 	  RdqlParser.pm \
> 	  SeRQLParser.pm \
> 	  TrigParser.pm

Did you get the same error line number for these other versions? I would
expect the same error to always correspond to
    "YAPPS := $(patsubst %.pm,%.yp,$(PARSERS))"

> I am setting up the Annotea server in Windows 2000 if that makes any
> difference, though all of the other modules downloaded as part of the
> annotea kit, installed fine. If anyone has come across this or a
> similar error? Or if anyone has any idea how to go about fixing it, I
> would appreciate the help. Trying to set up this server has already
> taken me ages.

Some folks have done this on windows. Could someone say what perl
executable (and package) they used, and whether they ran it under
cygwin?
--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520