Re: Web annotation use case: cross referencing media reports

Well, something like the following:

<r:RDF xmlns:r="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
       xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#"
       xmlns:d="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
 <r:Description>
  <r:type resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#Annotation"/>
  <r:type resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotationType#seeAlso"/>
  <a:annotates
r:resource="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46062-2003Mar18.html"/>
  <a:context
r:resource="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46062-2003Mar18.html"/>
  <d:creator><foaf:Person xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"><foaf:mbox
r:resource="mailto:charles@sidar.org"/></foaf:Person></d:creator>
  <a:created>2003-03-18T17:53Z</a:created>
  <d:date>2003-03-18T17:53Z</d:date>
  <a:body r:resource="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2859431.stm"/>
 </r:Description>
</r:RDF>

(created using the SWAD-E annotools:

charles@skip:~/WWW/2001/sw/Europe/200209/annodemo$ ruby annomake.rb
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46062-2003Mar18.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2859431.stm '<foaf:Person
xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"><foaf:mbox
r:resource="mailto:charles@sidar.org"/></foaf:Person>' seeAlso

for the curious)

It would have been nice to create a pointer in the Washington Post article
where it mentions the resignation of Mr Cook. Unfortunately the Post URI
isn't that helpful, since I get a redirect to an information request, and if
the document is not valid XHTML I am unable to create a real Xpointer for the
phrase in question.

SeeAlso is a pretty basic type. If I had a pointer to the relevant part I
might want to subtype it...

I have also here used a creator that some tools might recognise as RDF and
not just a literal. String matching it against another creator which is the
same RDF will only work in some cases, but then string matching my name
depends on how i wrote it at the time anyway. I haven't posted this to a
server yet (problem in getting my new debian system running properly :( but I
would be interested in how it is handled.

cheers

Chaals