Re: time zones in annotation dates

At 11:09 AM 3/4/2003 -0600, Doug Daniels wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I noticed that annotations posted with Amaya aren't including time zone
>information in the date they post.  They send something like:
>
>2003-03-04T11:04:10
>
>which doesn't give enough information.  what we need is more like:
>
>2003-03-04T11:04:10-06:00
>
>I think the protocol document has the time zone in the created and date
>fields.

We use UTC and the times should have a Z after the time but is was dropped
out by accident in our implementation. It was supposed to be corrected but
I'll check that it is on the todo list.

Here is an extract from the new protocol document
(http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html).

<a:created>1999-10-14T12:10Z</a:created>
<d:date>1999-10-14T12:10Z</d:date>

Is there a reason why this is not enough? The times can be converted to
local time by the client if that is known.

Marja