Re: format for body of annotations

"Doug Daniels" <rainking@rice.edu> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.33.0301231519310.19069-100000@bunker.ece.rice.edu...

> this sort of annotation 1) has no doctype and 2) has no namespace.  as
> such, when annotest.w3.org serves this document up with mimetype
> "application/xhtml+xml", poor mozilla becomes utterly confused.

annotest gets the mime-type of the resource from the submission, the problem
is purely an Amaya problem of incorrectly submitting the mime-type as
application/xhtml+xml (well and a problem of embedding documents within
other documents in the xhtml world...)

> so, I suggest that we have our clients, especially amaya,  put a namespace
> and/or doctype in the body html.

amaya should simply not claim that the previous document is
application/xhtml+xml when it's not!

Jim.