Re: [www-annotation] <none>

You can request a password and username for the W3C annotest server via
http://annotest.w3.org/access but please first read the conditions at
http://annotest.w3.org/policy.html

Alternatively Brent Hendricks posted some information about his annotea
server running in Zope - if you search the archives of this list you will
find it, and he may be happy for you to use that server.

Whichever server you use (you could install your own if you like) the methods
for connecting are the same as connecting to a normal web server to put and
post pages. You need routines to do HTTP connections for PUT, GET, and POST.
In C, these are available in libwww - the library of functions used for
connecting to HTTP servers available at http://www.w3.org/Library (They are
probably available in other ways as well).

libwww also include RDF parsing (i think using the redland framework), which
is helpful for interpreting the response you get when querying a server for
existing implementations

cheers

Chaals