Macintosh version Re: Amaya...

Moved to the amaya mailing list.

The status of Amay on the Mac, as far as I know...

Damian Steer (and others) have compiled it under OS X and it runs fine. I
have tried several times, but have always come up with a problem to do with
linking to Lesstif libraries - I might have some spare time again this week
to look and see if I can get it to compile properly. (The symptoms at the
moment are that it starts, but crashes before it finishes drawing the opening
screen).

According to the fink project there is a release of Amaya that works on that,
but it is in the unstable packages only (I believe they haven't done a lot of
testng, and Amaya is in permamnent devlelopment - even release versions can
have bugs) and they are using a very old version of the source.

Cheers

Chaals

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Dan Brickley wrote:

  On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Macmade wrote:

  > Please make a Mac version of Amaya!!! I'm sure that a lot of Mac users would
  > be interested in that project.

  Amaya has been known to compile under MacOS X :)

  Not sure whether this is documented anywhere yet or if binaries are
  available. Charles or Damian (cc:'d) may have more info...

  Dan