Re: Annotea JavaScript client for IE

At 07:58 30/05/01 -0400, Art Barstow wrote:
>On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:21:32AM +0300, Manos Batsis wrote:
> >
> > Apologies for the possibly naive question, but I am still too busy to
> > study the annotea systems in depth so...
> > In the hypothetical situation of using browser sniffing and providing
> > the relative code (in IE's case, yours) will there be any problems on
> > different browsers annotating the same documents?
>
>This should not be a problem.  I haven't tried Claus' Annotea
>client but I am able to use Annozilla - the Mozilla Annotea client:
>
>  http://annozilla.mozdev.org/
>
>and the Annotea bookmarklets (documented at):
>

>http://www.w3.org/2000/02/collaboration/annotation/JavaScript/Annotea-JavaScript.html
>
>with Netscape Communicator to browse annotations created with the
>Amaya implementation of Annotea:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/
>
>The oppposite - annotations created via Annozialla and the bookmarklets
>can be browsed with Amaya - also works.

The only difference (apart from bugs!) is the level of XPointer
implementation. I don't know what level of XPointer support Amaya has, but
it certainly supports string-range(), which Annozilla does not (yet).

There is one current bug I know of, Annozilla will fail to understand, say,
/html/p[10]. This will be fixed in the next release.

Matthew