Re: vocab proposal: language of annotation (i18n support)

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 08:49:23AM +0100, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> At 06:00 01/05/01 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
> >(Just a quick note to capture an idea that cropped up over lunch with Marja)
> >
> >Our XML/RDF annotation vocabularies should capture the language primarily
> >used in any textual content within the annotation. For eg., as a
> >dc:language property of the annotation.
>
> Would current clients break if we started posting annotations with
> dc:language properties straightaway?

The clients should not break if they were written properly.
If adding such a property to the RDF that encodes an annotation
breaks a client then the client doesn't understand a key feature
of RDF - its extensibility.

Adding a new property to an annotation should not cause problems
for Amaya or the Annotea bookmarklets.  Of course, these Annotea
clients may not do anything with the new property but they certainly
should not break.

Art
---