Re: Possible to get annotations served as text/rdf?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Matthew Wilson wrote:

> I have spent a little time working on a sidebar for the Mozilla browser to
> display Annotea annotations. As you may know, Mozilla handles RDF itself,
> so it is possible to retrieve the RDF from the annotations server and
> manipulate it directly in Javascript. However, this seems to require that
> the data is served with a content type of "text/rdf", not "text/xml" as it
> is currently (if the "forceText" option is used).
>
> Is there any chance that an option could be added to serve the results as
> text/rdf?

Mozilla's a little ahead of itself here, since there is no such content
type (and may never be). Perhaps the Annotea server could be tweaked to
allow some chosen content type to be specified as part of the URL? (eg.
&t=text/rdf appended...). Hacky but might allow for some interesting
prototypes.

Anyway, if you make your code available, let me know and I'll link it from
the Mozilla page at http://www.mozilla.org/rdf/doc/SmartBrowsing.html
too...

Dan