Re: Annotation working group - more info of W3C annotations

Hello,

I'm been running around as well.  I organized a BOF (birds of a feather)
meeting at WWW9 with the intention to try to create renewed standards activity
in the www-annotation list.  About 20 people attending during the course of
the meeting (though most of the W3C folks had to leave the meeting early).  I am
going to summarize the discussions in that meeting and present them to the list
soon (like early next week).  I have also gone through the WWW9 proceedings and
identified everyone who presented who has an active interest in annotations
systems.  I am presently codifying that list and extending it to include
commercial companies with an interest in annotation systems.

The consensus of the BOF was to create a concerted activity in the
www-annotation mailing list with the intention to progress toward a specific
standardization activity for annotation systems, and for demonstration
implementations of such standards.  I have volunteered to coordinate the
creation of this statement with the W3C (via Ralph Swick).  The
goal is to create a statement that reflects the interest and then notify
those interested parties.

Please note that CTI is not a W3C member organization at this time.
However I did discuss options for renewing standards activities with W3C staff
at some length while at the conference.

-bryan

Bryan Thompson
Cognitive Technologies, Inc.