Re: error code when insering a video using video tag

On 2013/01/07 7:47, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> PS: Do you know if the group that looks at making Amaya
> HTML5-compatible is going to implement both a text/html mode and a
> xhtml mode? Or if they perhaps are aiming for a polyglot mode?
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/html-polyglot/)

Polyglot may make quite a bit of sense on output (although, as the
polyglot document describes, there are cases where a choice has to be
made). But it doesn't make much sense on input.

> PPS: Currently, the<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>  declaration
> is used as an XHTML mode trigger, it seems. This is bad, as it prevents
> us from making polyglot HTML (as the XML declaration is invalid in
> text/html). Plus that there is no need to declare the encoding for XML
> as long as one uses UTF-8.
>
> If the team decides to implement HTML5 as a polyglot mode, then
> something that separates HTML and XHTML mode isn't really needed. But
> if it *does* need a trigger at the beginning of the document for this,
> then I suggest that they utilize the HTML5 doctype, like so:
>
> a)<!doctype html>  is only text/html compatible and could thus
>     trigger that mode. (It causes fatal XML error.)
> b)<!DOCTYPE html>  is both text/html and XHTML-compatible, and
>     could thus trigger XHTML mode.

But what about text/html documents that start with <!DOCTYPE html> ?

Regards,   Martin.