Re: How to filter a corrupted html file (corrupted for Amaya) ?

On 16/02/12 18:52, Boris Kadir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with a html file: Amaya crashes every time I reach a
> certain place.
>
> The file seems to be corrupted at this point. (Although I can open and read
> it without problem in Notepad++, Wordpad, Dreamweaver...)
>
> How can I filter the file in order to recover a "clean" (for Amaya) html
> file?

You could 'try' pasting it into the w3.org[*1] validate page, and select
the "Clean up Markup with HTML-Tidy"[*2] option - then work with the
"tidied" output.

[*1]
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input+with_options

> How can I detect the source of the problem ?

The validator usually makes that easy

<snipped>

> Thank you by advance
> Boris Kadir

[*2]
I believe their is a MS Windows port, but I've never used it:-
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

Kind regards