Re: CSS display: table

Chris Beall a écrit ce qui suit, le 15/02/12 23:49 :
> … In view of the fact that you must go to a lot of work to add a set
> of classes to do this, plus assign those classes carefully to each and
> every <div> in the tree, why would you not instead just use the
> appropriate <table>-family tags instead of <div>s?  I sense a gap in
> my education; perhaps you can fill it.

This was my first reaction and I nearly posted the same question. Then I
saw the linuxandfriends link given by Jean-Luc Meunier refers to
http://www.digital-web.com/articles/everything_you_know_about_CSS_Is_wrong/
where there is some more “philosophy” about this. In a few words, you
should use HTML tables to display tabular content, the kind of content
you would place in a spreadsheet if it was not a webpage; you should use
these CSS tabular possibilities if it is not typical tabular content,
but mere tabular display (like a div id="navigation" column somewhere in
your page).