Re: When will the next release be posted?

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:01:30 +0200, Christopher Evans
<christopher@cechinatrans.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree with both the comments below,

I agree that Amaya is a reasonably useful product (it's what I use to
create documents, since I find HTML an incredibly useful, compact,
portable and versatile format).

> but would add that W3C, as the body which sets the standards for the
> web, should have it's own publically available, dedicated editor to
> demonstrate the full functionality of the web as designed, without
> proprietary add-ons.

That would be lovely. Unfortunately, I don't think W3C has the funding to
make it possible - and there are other things I think are even more
important. (I guess you would need a couple or three full-time people to
do some development as well as maintenance of the code and the project).

On the other hand Amaya has been open source for a long time. I personally
don't believe that will make it a better project, or make people take it
up, but given how often it has demonstrated smart ways to do
standards-compliant WYSIWYG editing years before the competition I think
it is a shame that so few people contribute to it.

(Including me. I don't think much of what I did is still there at all -
maybe some bits of documentation...)

cheers

Chaals