Re: amaya feedback

I have not tested Amaya on any OS higher than Windows XP 32 bit, but the
only incompatibility issues I have heard of with Windows 7 are older
programs that use hardware security devices and 16 bit programs, and 16
bit programs can be run in Virtual Machine Windows XP mode on some
Windows 7 license types.

Since Amaya is a 32 bit program and (being freeware) doesn't use a
hardware security device, I would expect Amaya to run just fine on
Windows 7 (at least any version of Amaya that will run on Windows Vista).

Should the Amaya team choose to compile a 64 bit version of Amaya, then
that version will of course not run on a 32 bit version of Windows, but
that is not likely to happen as long as the newest version of Windows
still supports 32 bit programs, as the difference in performance would
not be noticeable, if there would be any difference in performance at all.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Rębild / Christian Raebild