Re: How do I create a new style in Amaya?

To create an inline style, simply select the text or elements you wish
to style, then select Format->Style editor... (or click the CSS toolbar
button) and select your styles. Click Apply, and an inline style will be
created.

To create an internal style rule, first create an inline style as
described above. Then (with the text or elements still selected) select
Format->Create rule... and select the desired class or pseudo-class from
the list (or type your own CSS selector). Click Confirm, and the inline
style will be converted to an internal style rule. You may now apply
that style to other elements by selecting the elements and applying the
same class to the elements using Apply class in your panel bar.

To create an external style sheet (the most powerful method), select
File->New->New style sheet... from the menu. Amaya helps you to create
styles as follows. Type the CSS selector and opening brace as follows:
p.mystyle {

Then click the CSS toolbar button and select your styles. The styles
will be added to your style sheet when you click Apply. You must still
add the closing brace. Create as many styles as you want.

Now you must link the style sheet to your HTML or XHTML document. Save
the style sheet, and go to your HTML or XHTML document. Select
Format->Style sheets->Link..., and select your style sheet. The style
sheet is now linked, and classes defined in your CSS selectors will
appear in the list of classes under Apply class in the panel bar.
Applying the classes will cause the styles from your style sheet to be
applied.

Keith Rubow