Re: Newbie Q: How to control <mover> height?

OlyDLG wrote:
> Newbie to amaya (well, not completely, I've given it a couple of aborted
> tries previously).  How does one control spacings, e.g., the height of mo
> over mi when using <mover>?  Is there a better MU to use to get a z with a
> bar over it (that doesn't place it a whole character's height above it)?

There are various options to control layout in MathML but it's not
always a good option to use them:
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter3.html#presm.warnfinetuning

I guess your problem here is that you want to use complex conjugate but
there are too much space between the overbar and the character z. I
think the code generated by Amaya is correct and it's probably the
rendering engine that should be improved in that case, so you don't need
to add a "hack" in the MathML code. In Firefox, the result is OK. See
attachment.
> Also, is there a way to get amaya to not want to edit, but rather execute,
> scripts on pages it visits?  (I had to switch to Firefox to register because
> I wasn't able to check the agree-to-terms box on the registration page
> viewing it in amaya because all amaya appeared to let me do was edit that
> field.)

There was discussion about adding an option to switch between
browser/editor mode, to get different behaviors. But it's likely to need
some work and I don't think it is currently planned by the core team.