Re: Printing on Mac OS X.

On 19/11/2009, at 10:07 PM, Irene Vatton wrote:

> Yes, today printing text require postscript.
> I don't have time to work seriously on the printing.

> Amaya is not able to send the generated file to a printer. If you
> have a
> batch command able to do it (like lpr on Linux platforms), you can
> insert that command in the print dialog.

MacOS-X uses an unnatural combination of cups for printing
and its native Quartz graphics engine with pseudo display pdf.

Applications which use Apple's Text Services for Unicode
and the Quartz rendering engine can use Apple's Print dialog,
which offers options of print to paper, or to file, .ps or .pdf

I'm sorry I don't have the programming skills to compile
a version of Amaya that takes advantage of this

Peter Kerr