Re: No break space before a href tag

Irene Vatton a écrit ce qui suit, le 05/11/09 16:26 :
> Le dimanche 01 novembre 2009 à 19:06 +0100, Dominique Meeùs a écrit :
>
>> In a situation like some text «~<a href="myref">My Refefence</a>
>> (where ~ stands for U+A0) Amaya may cut incorrectly like «
>> My Reference
>>
> I made a lot of tests. I'm not able to reproduce this kind of bug.
> What is the Amaya version (release, platform) are you using?
> Perhaps you have to give us a more complete context (CSS that apply).

Sorry for my late answer. I am in the last stable 11.2 under Ubuntu 9.10.

I forgot in which file I saw the bug but I was able to reproduce it
easily just now. It depends indeed on some CSS: text-align: justify.

In the attached example, suppose you display it in a browser window wide
enough to have the Amaya link on the first line. You then reduce the
window until the link to Amaya is forced to wrap to the second line. In
Firefox, the opening French quotation sign, attached by U+a0, goes with
the link to Amaya. In Amaya, the non break space is not rendered
correctly: the quotation sign may remain alone on the first line.

I installed now the 11.3-pre binary for Ubuntu. Same bug.

Here before <a></a> I may get also the queer extra space that I
mentioned in my post of Mon, 02 Nov 2009 08:46:49 +0100 in the case of a
comment <!--  -->. If you click some times in the main panel and in the
source panel, you may get some queer extra space (in the display — the
code remaining unchanged). See attached screen capture. In both case
this happens in a paragraph with text-align: justify.

--
Amicalement, Dominique,
dominique@d-meeus.be, http://www.d-meeus.be/