Re: Enh. Req: Option to have Table of Contents Tool Create Numeric Id's

Hi,

The generation of id attributes is a general mechanism that works also
when you create a single target anchor. Initially Amaya generated a
label that as not relation with the contents of the element like
Mozilla. We changed to generate more intelligent ids because in many
cases an intelligent id is more useful. An id like "mozTocId260519" is
always confusing so you never try to interpret it.

Le lundi 02 novembre 2009 à 23:37 +0000, Joe Webster a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> In a document that looks like this:
>
> <h1>Main Title</h1>
> <h2>Step 1</h2>
> <h2>Step 2</h2>
> <h2>Step 3</h2>
>
> after generating a Table of Contents the headings are assigned id's
> that look like this.
>
> <h1>Main Title</h1>
> <h2 id="Step">Step 1</h2>
> <h2 id="Step1">Step 2</h2>
> <h2 id="Step2">Step 3</h2>
>
> Not only is it confusing to have a document where "Step2" identifies a
> section labeled "Step 3" but things get worse when the section
> headings change. E.g.
>
> <h1>Main Title</h1>
>
> <h2 id="Step">Task 440</h2>
> <h2 id="Step1">Task 450</h2>
> <h2 id="Step2">Task 470</h2>
>
> Now we have "Step" identifying headings that do not even use the term
> "Step".

When the element has an id, it must'nt be changed.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA