Re: Text displayed within Amaya compared to text displayed within other browsers.

In article <20F5F8D0-A057-4764-8CB3-7EB3577AE7AC@auckland.ac.nz>,
   Peter Kerr <p.kerr@auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On 14/02/2009, at 12:43 AM, David Lockett wrote:

> > Text in Amaya displays differently than it displays within regular
> > browsers even when the text is correctly formatted, this can be true
> > even with pages that are created within Amaya.
> >
> > The text often displays smaller and bolder in Amaya than it displays
> > within the major browsers, ....

> There was some discussion on this topic,
> check the list archives on and following 2007-12-07

> IIRC there was no consensus on the cause or fix for
> the problem, but I'll stick to my theory that some
> (un-named) browser and/or OS rendering engines
> wrongly believe 1 pixel = 1 point.

     I think it is even uglier than that - some operating systems seem to
think that the window manager default is 72 dots per inch. I have window
managers/displays running at 90 and even 110 dots per inch. which makes the
widely used 72 look a bit crude.

                    Keith

--
Sky Development