behaviour on object/embed oversized SVGs

Amaya is ignoring html height and width on object/embed for:
http://www.svgopen.org/2004/proceedings_en.html

according to the attached mail from jwatt:
the correct behaviour is for:
 >> the spec mandated overriding of the width
and height of the SVG

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com/

+44 (0) 20 7978 1764

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>
Date: 1 March 2008 21:23:22 GMT
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [svg-developers] Opera/FF/ASV behaviour on oversized SVGs

Stefan Heinrichsen wrote:
 > I recognized three different behaviours at three different
browsers, when a
 > svg image is bigger than its embed tag.
 > ASV and firefox 3: Make the overlaying parts available by panning
 > Firefox 2: Provides scrollbars
 > Opera: Cuts off the overlaying parts

Can you provide a link to an example? As far as I'm aware ASV has always
overridden the width and height of the SVG with the width and height
of the
<embed>/<object> tag (as required by the SVG spec). As a result
percentage
lengths in the SVG should be relative to the <embed> width/height if
the SVG
doesn't have a viewBox, or if the SVG does have a viewBox attribute,
the SVG
should fully scale.

Double checking IE with ASV 6 build 38363 on the following page, this
seems to
be the case:

http://www.svgopen.org/2004/proceedings_en.html

Firefox 3 betas should now be doing the spec mandated overriding of
the width
and height of the SVG just as ASV does. The behavior of Firefox 2 is
just plain
broken I'm afraid (it shouldn't scroll).

I also checked the link above in Opera 9.50 beta build 9815 and
Safari 3.0.4
(523.15) and they have the same broken behavior of Firefox 2
(scrollbars).

I've not noticed any SVG implementation that clips instead of
overriding/scrolling.

Hopefully Opera and Safari will soon fix their SVG implementations to
do the
overriding thing, and Firefox 2 will fade fast after the release of
Firefox 3.

Jonathan

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (3)Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos | Polls | Calendar
-----
To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-
unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
-or-
membership"
----

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
format to Traditional
RECENT ACTIVITY
24
New Members