Re: Amaya 10.1 and programming comments

Sorry if I don't read this list often...

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:44:43AM -0400, ve3ll@cogeco.ca wrote:

> Amaya 10.1 still has problems because it tries to
> interpret within css comments .....
> It does follow the rec for html comments (no interpretation)
> so it should also follow the rec for css .....
> demo code follows
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

I don't understand. This rule lacks an "}" at the end. Is it legal css ?

On the other hand, the fact that it's css does not stop it from being in html,
why should that & inside <style> not be interpreted as a character entity,
if it is in no html comment ?.

how would you write this inline in an html document if amaya did what
I think you suggest ?

body {background-color:#ccc; /* this might go before an </style> tags */ }

I think you should write it

body {background-color:#ccc; /* this might go before an &lt;/style&gt; tags */ }

if you put the first line in an html document, inline,
should the style tag close inside the css comment?, I think it should,
otherwise it would be ambigous (and different from what it happens in the
body.

I'm not claiming I've read the whole documentation, but the parts you cite
don't contradict this amaya behaviour, at least as I understand them.

--
xdrudis@tinet.cat
Signa per fer Collserola parc natural com cal