Re: Bug and/or Unwanted behavoure on typing indented text.

Le mercredi 09 avril 2008 à 15:53 +0200, Corne Beerse a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if it is a bug, feature or just the way it is designed.
> It is however not the way I expected it to be.
> I'm using Amaya 10 (Feb 26 2008).
> I'm creating a xhtml transitional document
> I'm typing text and like the next paragraphs to be indented
>         Then it happens: At the start of the paragraph, I hit the
>         indent button.
>         The cursor indents as I expect.
>         I start typing and...
>         .... the paragraph removes and the text is entered at the end
>         of the previous paragraph.
>         I think this is a bug.

Yes it is.

> Then I just type my text for the first indented paragraph, select it
> and hit the indent button.
> So far so good, the paragraph gets indented.
>         My cursor is still at the end of the indented text.
>         I hit enter to start a new paragraph...
> .... the new paragraph is not indented...
> This can be a bug (as I expect) or it can be as designed. I donnot
> like it this way. Most wordprocessors and even several ascii editors
> keep the indent as it is until an 'unindent' button is hit. I even do
> recall the indent was kept as it its in previous versions of Amaya.
> Can this also be updated/changed?

The transmission of the specific style of the current element to the new
created element won't encourage the use of CSS generic rules.
I know that wordprocessors generate mainly specific style. But it's very
tedious to update this kind of documents when you want to change the
indent, or other style property (we're developing a command to help
users to clean up documents generated by wordprocessors).
A better way is to attach global CSS rules to structure elements
(paragraphs, list items). So each new created element inherits the style
and the style can be easily changed.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
INRIA