Re: JavaScript in Amaya

On Saturday 25 August 2007 21:05, Juan Lanus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Every now and then somebody asks for the plans to support Javascript ...
> sorry ...... ECMAScript in Amaya.
>
> With the generalization of the AJAX architecture model there is a need for
> the scripting support, more than ever.

This is true for a browser. For an authoring tool, in my opinion,  the need is
to help people to create scripts.
The main problem with a Javascript support is to mix changes done by the
authoring tool and changes generated by a script.

> So let's do this year's question: are there any plans at least to start
> planning scripting support inside Amaya? Please?

As I know Frederic Wang is working on that support. Will integrate his work as
soon as it is usable.