Re: JavaScript in Amaya

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:05:43 +0200, Juan Lanus <juan.lanus@gmail.com>
wrote:

> With the generalization of the AJAX architecture model there is a need
> for the scripting support, more than ever.

Agreed. But scripting in an authoring tool that works properly as a
browser is tricky... And the big value proposition in my opinion is
helping people to do basic things with scripts as authors or editors
(Amaya is really more useful as an editor than as a day-to-day browser -
in part because there is a lack of script support).

> So let's do this year's question: are there any plans at least to start
> planning scripting support inside Amaya? Please?

Someone recently submitted some stuff that can make some script stuff run.
If you're up to compiling your own version of amaya, I would be interested
to hear a third party talk about their experience and impressions...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com    Catch up: Speed Dial   http://opera.com