Re: Amaya-9.55-pre3 X Window error!

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay, I'm pretty busy at the moment...

On Sun, July 8, 2007 07:28, Keith Hopper wrote:
>> Just for reference, which driver do you use ? nv, nvidia, vesa ? vesa
>> and
>> nvidia don't use DRI at all, so you would be back in indirect rendering
>> mode which triggers the error. If you run "nv", that's probably a new
>> bug,
>> then :(
>
>      So far as I can tell from the map and the /sys content, there is a
> vesafb_driver - but also nvram.  Certainly the kernel is happy with the
> MCP61 chipset - there are no complaints during kernel boot at all.

The best way to know which driver you are using is to check the "Driver"
field in the "Device" section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. No
modification, just reading the value gives enough information.
For the record, "nvram" is absolutely not related to the "nv" driver, but
is for "Non Volatile RAM".

>> I'm afraid Direct Rendering doesn't sound very compatible with VNC, but
>> might be wrong...
>
>      I had that suspicion - but it might just have been another clue!

Good to list ideas anyway, it gives more informations to narrow the search...

Regis