Re: Amaya crashes under Fedora Core 6

Thomas Roessler a écrit :
> On 2007-03-14 19:17:28 +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
>
>>> I'll next try building my own RPM per the instructions here
>>>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya/2007JanMar/0181.html
>>>
>> if you have any difficulty or problem let me know
>>
>> To run under a shell don't forget use use:
>> XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 amaya you will have a icon on devel
>>

> The package built according to the instructions cited above kind of
> works (it doesn't crash).
>
> Unfortunately, all the nice user interface progress of the past
> years is gone with this variant, rendering it much harder and
> clumsier  to use than the versio built the WX toolkit.
>
> I'm wondering if there's any roadmap toward getting a version of
> amaya out that actually runs on Fedora Core 6?  Frankly, I'm
> considering a usable GUI XHTML editor that runs of that distribution
> part of my critical infrastructure for work.
>
> Laurent?

Hi Thomas,

 I can't hardly help you on this point. I'm not using Fedora Core (I
can't even test the problem) and I don' manage the rmp package.
All I know is Amaya will run a script in the upcoming snapshot to set
the  env XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS to 1 to avoid the crash at launching.
Considering the crash at exit, I have no idea

Is that problem new for you? It seems you are using Amaya for quite a
while,did you notice this problem before ?

Thanks,

Laurent Carcone