Re: Multiple spaces converted into one

Robin and all,

XML defines an 'xml:space' attribute that allows authors to control when white
spaces are preserved (preverse) and when they are not (default).
See 2.10 White Space Handling in http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006

Normally if you set xml:space="preserve" on the body element, all inserted
white spaces must be preserved.
I guess there is a bug in today amaya version as it looks at the xml:space
attribute of the current element but doesn't check enclosing elements if the
current element doesn't have this attribute.