Re: Amaya 8.8.5 vs. Amaya 9.x

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:15:55 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Jeff Sabarese wrote:
>> Dear Amaya support:
>>
>> I've used Yum to install Amaya amaya-9.5-1.fc5 (the fc5 version which
>> i obtained via
>> http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?submit=Search+...&query=amaya
>> as per the suggestion at http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
>
> That's not an RPM, it's a list of RPM's. Which one did you actually
> install?

the rpm which i obtained from a 3rd party (NOT w3c.org) site

either:

amaya_wx-9.51-1.i386.rpm
or amaya-9.5-1.fc5.i386.rpm
or both-- but i believe the latter was the first attempt. each
installation (of those from the 3rd party site) yielded the same results
as i was able to perceive.

this has been a while ago, so i'm not sure the source of your inquiry, but
for the record, the version of Amaya 9.5 available directly from the
W3C.org web site at http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html , as
indicated for use with "Fedora 3 RPM i386", named amaya_wx-9.51-1.i386.rpm
installed without a hitch, and as far as i can tell, runs flawlessly. it's
a great editor-- i highly recommend it! having used the 8.x version
previously, i should report that the 9.5 interface-- likely due to a more
"intuitive aesthetic design" certainly brings out the power of the editor
by revealing features i had left untouched in 8.x.