Re: formatting of webpage altered when viewed

On 12/08/2006, at 3:29 AM, Jon Wong wrote:

> I've downloaded amaya
> When I goto a live link i.e. www.bbc.co.uk
> the webpage structure is not what it should be(see screenshot)
> http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/dl/programme/sample/amayaformat.gif
>
> Some of the text become a single column of text rather than a
> paragraph
> Why is this?

That page uses deeply nested tables for formatting :-(
with cells having class defined by css, and/or spacer gifs :-(

The cell to the left of the text has a <td width="5" ...

The text cell has no width defined,
I guess Amaya is assuming a width something near "5"

other browsers seem to use the width of the cell above

pk