Re: why the oddball key shortcuts

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 07:01:19 +0300, <ve3ll@rac.ca> wrote:

> why does amaya use alt  instead of  ctrl   for the
> zoom in and out controls  ..  quirks like these
> drive users batty --- especially those that use other
> software most of the time and try to use Amaya once in a while

I guess it is for historical reasons. Remember that often these are
features that were implemented in Amaya long before other systems, and it
was the people who copied who chose a different shortcut. (Opera sometimes
has this issue - we had tabs so long before anyone else that they had
assigned the keys and used different keys for tab management. We recently
decided to change, which cause howls of real pain from our existing users,
to accomodate the people who try it when they are used to using something
else).

cheers

chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com