Re: Displaying JPEG Files

On Monday 28 November 2005 16:28, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am still having problems displaying jpeg files using Amaya yet Netscape
> browswer does it OK. Please find attached the .html and .jpeg file which I
> am having trouble with. Thanks in advance for your help.
> Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown

I analyzed the problem.
It's due to the size of the image and Windows drivers limitation.
Your example works with all our Amaya versions except the WX Windows version.
In WX versions, images are displayed by GL libraries. GL is natively supported
by drivers on Windows platforms but their memory size is limited
(this doesn't occur with Mac or Linux).
When the image is too large, it's not loaded by the driver and that explains
why your image is not displayed.
The solution should be to split the image in several quads and display it
quads by quads, but this requires an important development effort.