Re: HTML entities.

On 25/11/2005, at 8:26 AM, Pascal wrote:

> Perhaps, an option to choose between numeric and named HTML
> entities would be nice ;-)

I've followed this subject with interest as our own institution
comes to grips with MS Code Pages  :-(

If I understand correctly what is happening,

Amaya will use named entities for US-ASCII charset,
hex entities for ISO-8859, and
numerical entities for UTF-8 or UTF-16

Perhaps this should be made clear in the documentation,
that the charset and/or encoding declaration defines the entity format.
That seems logical enough behaviour to me.

Peter Kerr                       Mail.app 2.0.3 (734)
Snr Technician
School of Music,  University of Auckland,  New Zealand