R: spastic response to keyboard input

Hi all,

I’m quoting in all Jeff, Amaya is wonderful to be compliant
whit the DTD in use but still have latency in the screen response, in
rendering images, in cut and paste of the images that makes hard to
manage large document with it. For instance many times I use backspace
key Amaya sets itself in the Structure View as active window, so it it
possible to delete entire elements and not characters.

Regards,
Cristiano
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/guglielmetti/

originale----
amaya@w3.org>
>Ogg: spastic response to keyboard input
>

>Dear all,
>
>Thanks for Amaya. In many ways, it's a fine product.
>
>However, for what it's worth, from my perspective Amaya is let down by
those
>vexing delays when one types characters or uses the backspace
keys. I am
>always erasing characters that I don't intend to erase.
Worse yet, there
>appears to be some kind of race condition manifested
by several words just
>disappearing from the document - being
overwritten by something that I am
>typing. Furthermore, the scrolling
in Amaya is so jerky that I often have to
>try several times before I
can get the browser to window the portion of the
>document that I need
to work on. Unfortunately, simple things like keyboard
>response are
often more important than an extensive feature set if one has
>to use
the tool to produce product.

>Many things about Amaya appear to be
really well thought out so I am
>surprised that it doesn't get the
fundamental editor stuff right.

>PS: I am working on an SMP machine.
I don't know if that might matters.

>PPS: I have managed to put Amaya
to useful work. See

>http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/base/R3-14/7-
docs/CAref.html

>PPPS: I recently upgraded to Amaya 9.2.2 and I can
say that the jerkky
>response is as bad as ever in that version
although I'm not certain that the
>worse problem where several words
get obkliterated is still present.