Re: Bug : Tab key usage in Amaya 9.2.2 on Mac OSX

On Sunday 25 September 2005 06:27, Rick Flower wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> I'm an Amaya newbie after having stumbled upon it yesterday.. Anyway, it
> looks like it's a pretty good application so far, but has some odd
> quirks on the OS-X platform.. One of them is how the tab key works in
> the source editor view -- when you press a tab key, a square character
> is inserted into your document instead of moving the text over -- I'm
> not really sure what its inserting, but it isn't a tab.  For now I'm
> just using hard spaces instead.  Is it possible to have Amaya have a
> preference item to control how the tab behavior works -- does it insert
> hard tabs or spaces and if spaces -- how many.. That sort of thing.

Today Amaya doesn't interpret tabs and displays them in the source views with
a blue square. Yes, we'll implement text alignment in near future.

> Another feature which I find really annoying is that Amaya reformats my
> HTML code whenever I do a save operation or if I insert some new HTML
> structure using the menus.

Yes Amaya works mainly on the tree structure of the document. So as soon as
you make any edit in the formatted view, the initial source formating is
lost.

> I like my code formatted in a particular
> manner and Amaya likes to wrap at columns <60 from what I can tell which
> is somewhat annoying.. It'd be better if it had a settable preference
> item so you could control this behavior.

We can do that. I added this request in the Amaya wisth list.