Re: Containing block for absolutely positioned elements

/Irene Vatton/:
> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 22:17, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>> /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
>>
>>> Amaya 9.2.1 doesn't determine the containing block for absolutely
>>> positioned elements correctly. Seems a containing block is established
>>> only if its 'position' property is 'absolute' or 'fixed'.
>
> This bug is now fixed.
> I also made the change concerning viewports and margin, border, padding.
> But I don't understand what rule says that the last div is smaller than
> others.

Amaya 9.2.2 - it is better, thank you.

Another set of related problems - the positions are not updated
correctly when one resizes the window:

http://stanio.info/containing_block2.html
http://stanio.info/containing_block2_1.png
http://stanio.info/containing_block2_2.png

It gets worse using floated elements - the right side cap is
rendered outside the container (before resizing the window):

http://stanio.info/containing_block3.html

and even the caps in the #relative element, which is in the normal
flow, don't get their positions updated correctly (in contrast with
the previous test case).

In the test with the floated elements I wasn't able to use
percentages for height for some reason. Both cases rely on the older
(still the current in fact) CSS 2 recommendation where the BODY
element, instead of the root HTML element, is laid out in the
initial containing block.

--
Stanimir